Create Your Own Emergency Response Kit
Boston, MA: The City of Boston’s Emergency Management mission is to enhance the City’s capacity to prevent, protect against, respond to, and recover from major emergencies.
Home emergency kit is for when the City of Boston orders a shelter-in-place. That means the safest place to be is inside your home.
Your kit should have enough supplies so you and your family can survive for at least three days. Keep everything in a container that’s easy to open.
When you create your emergency kit, remember to include:
- one gallon of drinking water, per person per day
- canned food that won’t go bad and doesn’t need to be cooked
- a manual can opener, whistle, first aid kit, and a flashlight
- a battery operated AM/FM radio with extra batteries
- any items you’ll need for hygiene
- a non-electric phone
- blankets and extra clothing, and
- medication and other special items.