Be An Active Bystander
- If you See Something, Say Something! Call 9-1-1 to report suspicious activity.
- Report emergency situations and request assistance by calling 9-1-1.
- Learn CPR and basic first aid. Learn how to apply a tourniquet and Stop the Bleed. Provide first aid assistance within your abilities.
- If appropriate and safe to do so, assist victims at the scene of an emergency. Learn what to do until help arrives at an emergency: Until Help Arrives.
- Help arriving first responders by sharing information you know about the incident, victims, or facility. Ask how you may help. Follow the instructions of officials.
- In an active shooter situation, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recommends that you Run, Hide, Fight.
More info can be found at MEMA – http://www.mass.gov
DHS Run, Hide, Fight brochure: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/active-shooter-pamphlet-508.pdf