Traffic Advisory – RUN TO HOME BASE 5K, PUERTO RICAN FESTIVAL AND PARADE
Mayor’s Office reports – Boston, MA:
Traffic Advisory, Saturday, July 27, and Sunday, July 28, 2019
Special events taking place on Saturday and Sunday, July 27 and 28, will require street closings and parking restrictions in Boston. People coming into Boston to attend are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found at http://bluebikes.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston.
Saturday, July 27
The Run to Home Base 5 K Road Race will begin at 8:15 AM on Jersey Street, between Van Ness Street and Brookline Avenue. An estimated 2,000 participants will turn left onto Van Ness Street, left onto Ipswich Street, left onto Boylston Street, left onto Massachusetts Avenue, over the Massachusetts Avenue Bridge, to the City of Cambridge, turn around prior to Vassar Street, continuing on Massachusetts Avenue, returning to the City of Boston over the Massachusetts Avenue Bridge, right onto Boylston Street, right onto Ipswich Street, right onto Lansdowne Street, left into Gate C of Fenway Park.
Drivers should expect road closures and traffic delays along the route between 7:45 AM and 11 AM. In addition, “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday 12:00 AM to 12 Noon” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Jersey Street, both sides, Brookline Avenue to Van Ness Street
- Van Ness Street, both sides, Jersey Street to Ipswich Street
- Ipswich Street, both sides, Van Ness Street to Lansdowne Street
- Lansdowne Street, both sides, Brookline Avenue to Ipswich Street
- Boylston Street, both sides, Hemenway Street to Massachusetts Avenue
- Massachusetts Avenue, odd side, Beacon Street to Boylston Street
Sunday, July 28
An estimated 5,000 people will gather on Boylston Street for the Puerto Rican Festival Parade that will begin at 12 PM. The parade route is Boylston Street at Hereford Street inbound, left onto Tremont Street, continuing onto Cambridge Street, ending at City Hall Plaza at approximately 3 PM.
Boylston Street is expected to be closed between Massachusetts Avenue and Exeter Street from 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM for set up, and the full parade route will be closed through approximately 3:30 PM.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Boylston Street, both sides, Dalton Street to Tremont Street
- Fairfield Street, both sides, Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- Gloucester Street, both sides, Newbury Street to Boylston Street
- Tremont Street, both sides, Boylston Street to Cambridge Street
- Cambridge Street, both sides, Tremont Street to New Chardon Street, excluding any HP spaces
- New Chardon Street, both sides, Cambridge Street to Congress Street