COVID-19 BOSTON ELECTION DEPARTMENT UPDATE
Boston Strong news – Boston, MA: Office of the Mayor reports 4.08.2020.
The Boston Election Department will remain open to the public during normal business hours, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., only on Tuesdays and Fridays. In-person meetings are by appointment only.
We encourage you to submit your nomination papers using one of following methods:MAIL-IN:
You may submit your nomination papers by mail. If you are mailing nomination papers, we recommend the use of tracking service. Include a cover letter with your name, email address, phone number, contact person, candidate name, and the number of nomination papers.
Please mail papers to:
Boston Election Department
1 City Hall Square, Room 241
Boston, MA 02201
Postmarks are not sufficient for nomination paper deadlines. The papers must be received by the election department by 5 p.m. on the date of the deadline.DROPBOX
You may submit your nomination papers using the Election Department dropbox. The dropbox is located in the main lobby of City Hall on the third floor entrance (entrance directly across Government Center MBTA station).
Please place your nomination papers in an envelope and write the following information on the envelope:
- Candidate name
- Office sought
- Number of papers being submitted
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Contact Name
(Blank envelopes will be provided near the drop box. However, we strongly recommend that you bring your own writing utensil.)PLEASE NOTE:
- You will receive communication throughout the process via email (or phone), to notify you that we received your papers, when we have completed certification of your papers and when to pick them up.
- If you would like to have the papers returned to you by mail, you must include a pre-addressed postage paid envelope.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-635-4054.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES FOR FILING NOMINATION PAPERS
- April 28, 2020, 5 p.m. – Deadline for all Offices (except state-wide & Congress) to submit nomination papers for
- certification of signatures with the Election Department.
- May 5, 2020, 5 p.m. – Deadline for Party candidates for state-wide & Congress to submit nomination papers for certification of signatures with the Election Department.
- May 26, 2020, 5 p.m. – Deadline to file nomination papers with the SOC for all offices except state-wide and Congress.
- June 2, 2020, 5 p.m. – Deadline to file party nomination papers with SOC for state-wide and Congress.